Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup Fever! Catch it! (WARNING: may cause spousal irritation)

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe what I just saw. After being robbed again by a bad call, I started to feel this horrible emptiness in my gut. The USA had so many chances and seemingly could not finish. They had 8 shots on target and each one was like a bullet bouncing off steel. My mind was reeling towards the end of the game thinking how it could not end like this. This team deserved better. Call them the cardiac kids because they don't make it easy and probably never will.

USA takes first place in the group with that victory and possibly an easier route to the quarterfinals. I say possibly, but once you escape the group stage everything becomes difficult, difficult, lemon difficult. The options as of this very second are Ghana, Germany, and Serbia. None are necessarily attractive, but I know I'd like another crack at Ghana after getting eliminated by them in 2006. Honestly, I'd love to see the USA stick it to Germany to because of 2002. Hopefully after all this fussing, Bob has figured out what the lineup should be going into the round of 16.

Smile everybody, the USA are A-O-K! Yeah, I said it. So what?

No comments:

Post a Comment