Monday, April 11, 2011

Wow, it has been a long time...

I started posting a running blog for the original Battlestar Galactica at Aspiration Figures, but I just haven't been able to summon the energy to post anything in some time. Being Mr. Mom full time is as rewarding/tiring as you can imagine. I really wouldn't trade it for the world. I am enjoying the calm before the teething storm. Xander has been nothing but fantastic and is sleeping like a champ and taking very well to solid foods. We are starting to get a nice sense of routine that should allow me some time to concentrate on personal projects.

I just ran an 8K race out in a neighborhood of Shanghai called Jinqiao (Gene-chee-ow). I was fairly pleased with my performance given I can easily count the number of times I have run in Shanghai, and considering I haven't run outside since we left the U.S. Granted it wasn't the greatest distance, but it felt good and that is all that counts. The other upside of getting Xan on a schedule is a return to regular exercise. It is a good thing I was in shape before he got here. Christmas while wonderful, did a number on me.

Meg and I have started in on FX's Sons of Anarchy which feels like a western with motorcycles. You also get the underlying themes of Hamlet in there too for good measure.

We haven't started thinking about the next posting too heavily yet, but I imagine that by the time Xan's birthday hits we will be doing a fair bit of clock-watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment