Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where do I start...

...It has been awhile since I updated because I tend not to be very good about sharing information unless it is of critical importance or unless I am motivated. Bad news for a blog dedicated to our status and experiences.

Anyway, we are six days away from the start of the 2009 Major League Baseball season and Ryan's annual experiment in perpetual agony that comes from being a fan of the Chicago Cubs. Not to say there isn't great joy in this practice, but I am still learning to adopt a world view that can surmount the heart wrenching dissapointment that follows a Cubs playoff exit. I'm getting much better at it!

We are a week and a half from finding out our posting. Needless to say we are all done waiting. At this point they should just throw us in a cannon and point it in the direction of a diplomatically starved country. I think this is how they crush anticipation and raise resignation to an uncontrollable fate.

I'm not going to talk about preferences because it is just out of our hands at this point. Needless to say, anyone reading this has a vague idea of the type of places we want to go.

Spring time= Barbecue!

No comments:

Post a Comment